September is Duchenne Action Month!
Join the fight to End Duchenne this September! Duchenne Action Month is the perfect opportunity for you, your family, your colleagues, and your community to take simple and powerful actions to raise awareness and fund the fight to End Duchenne.
With the growing recognition of World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7, Congress returning to work after summer recess, our kids heading back to school and the need to reach out to teachers and administrators about Duchenne, September is the perfect month to take action to raise awareness and crucial funds to support our fight to End Duchenne.
Ways You Can Join the Fight this September:
- The easiest way to take action this September is with a Facebook Fundraiser on September 7 (World Duchenne Awareness Day). Go to PPMD’s Facebook page, and in just a couple of clicks, you can raise awareness & help fund our fight!
- Create your own DIY Fundraising to End Duchenne event. Fund the fight to end Duchenne your way and have fun encouraging your community to support you!
(With DIY Fundraising, the sky’s the limit! From bake sales and game nights, to full scale golf tournaments and live auctions, the PPMD team will help make your fundraising event a reality. You can even create an easy online fundraising campaign in honor of a loved one!)
- Ask your state governor or town mayor to recognize World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7 with a proclamation or have a local landmark building “GO RED” with lighting!
- Host a Coach To Cure MD tailgating or watch party while your favorite college football team plays this September!
- Restock your family’s supply of great PPMD merchandise so that you can raise awareness all month long!
Raise awareness by adding PPMD’s World Duchenne Awareness Day frame to your profile picture.
Do It Your Way
While we’ve listed a few ideas for ways you can raise awareness and funds to support our fight to End Duchenne this September — the sky’s the limit! Have a great idea for a fundraiser? You can do just about anything to raise funds to End Duchenne. Focus your fundraising efforts around a favorite activity you and your community already love, and you’ll see how easy it is to raise money to fund the fight! And PPMD is here to help you every step of the way.
As you take action, share updates with our community on social media using the hashtag #EndDuchenne and tagging @ParentProjectMD!
This September let’s all do something…
To help raise awareness.
To join the fight.
To end Duchenne.