September is Duchenne Action Month!
Join the fight to End Duchenne this September! Duchenne Action Month is the perfect opportunity for you, your family, your colleagues, and your community to take simple and powerful actions to raise awareness and fund the fight to End Duchenne.
With the growing recognition of World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7, Congress returning to work after summer recess, our kids heading back to school and the need to reach out to teachers and administrators about Duchenne, September is the perfect month to take action to raise awareness and crucial funds to support our fight to End Duchenne.
Ways You Can Join the Fight this September:
- Celebrate World Duchenne Awareness Day by hosting a Jeans Day at your school, group or office! (Or if Fridays work better, you could always celebrate on the 8th as well.) You can set up a fundraising site in moments.
- Create your own DIY Fundraising to End Duchenne event. Fund the fight to end Duchenne your way and have fun encouraging your community to support you!
(With DIY Fundraising, the sky’s the limit! From bake sales and game nights, to full scale golf tournaments and live auctions, the PPMD team will help make your fundraising event a reality. You can even create an easy online fundraising campaign in honor of a loved one!)
- Ask your state governor or town mayor to recognize World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7 with a proclamation or have a local landmark building “GO RED” with lighting!
- Plan a Race to End Duchenne .1K (a race that requires no training, and EVERYONE can take part in — including people living with Duchenne!). Host the .1k sometime during the month or start planning for later in the year, either in your town, at a local school, or even in your office. Every registration fee fuels the fight!
(Hosting a Race to End Duchenne .1K at your child’s school gives you and your family an opportunity to educate students on life with Duchenne so they can better understand what your child deals with every day. We’ll provide age-appropriate lesson plans for use in classes in the week leading up to the race.)
- Host a Coach To Cure MD tailgating or watch party while your favorite college football team plays on September 29!
- Restock your family’s supply of great PPMD merchandise so that you can raise awareness all month long!
Do It Your Way
While we’ve listed a few ideas for ways you can raise awareness and funds to support our fight to End Duchenne this September — the sky’s the limit! Have a great idea for a fundraiser? You can do just about anything to raise funds to End Duchenne. Focus your fundraising efforts around a favorite activity you and your community already love, and you’ll see how easy it is to raise money to fund the fight! And PPMD is here to help you every step of the way.
As you take action, share updates with our community on social media using the hashtag #EndDuchenne!
This September let’s all do something…
To help raise awareness.
To join the fight.
To end Duchenne.