Join PPMD this September for Duchenne Action Month as we continue to celebrate the power of this incredible community with the actions that make us strong! Small actions, selfless actions, deliberate actions all create a ripple effect. How do you take action in the fight to end Duchenne?
Read PPMD’s 2023 World Duchenne Awareness Day / Duchenne Action Month press release here.
Celebrate Your Actions
Download Your Social Media Toolkit
Celebrate your actions by sharing them with @ParentProjectMD on social media as we highlight members of our community taking action in the fight to end Duchenne!
- #WDAD2023 – World Duchenne Awareness Day / September 7th
GIFs & Stickers
When you share your actions on Instagram stories, search for
PPMD to use our fun PPMD GIFs and Stickers!
Profile Pictures + Frames
World Duchenne Awareness Day
September 7th is World Duchenne Awareness Day. Help raise awareness by adding our Facebook profile picture or cover image to show the world that you are part of the fight to end Duchenne!
Duchenne Action Month
We’ve created a Facebook profile picture, cover image, and frame template you can customize by adding your own photo to raise further awareness.
- Use the Canva Profile Picture Frame Template
- Download Profile Picture Frame
- Download Profile Picture
- Download Cover Image
How Do You Take Action?
There are a variety of simple and powerful actions you can take to help raise awareness and support PPMD’s work in the fight to end Duchenne. While we’ve listed a few ideas below — the sky’s the limit!
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser in honor of World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7 to raise awareness & help fund our fight!
- Join the Race to End Duchenne as we raise awareness and critical funds to end Duchenne.
- Host a Coach To Cure MD tailgating or watch party while your favorite college or high school football team plays on September 30!
- Create your own DIY Fundraising to End Duchenne event. Fund the fight to end Duchenne your way and have fun encouraging your community to support you!
- Ask your state governor or town mayor to recognize World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7 with a proclamation or have a local landmark building “GO RED” with lighting!
- Join and update your account in The Duchenne Registry.
- Download PPMD’s Back-to-School Resources to ensure a smooth start to the school year when reaching out to teachers and administrators about Duchenne.
- Restock your family’s supply of great PPMD merchandise so that you can raise awareness all month long!
With the growing global recognition of World Duchenne Awareness Day on September 7, the 16th Anniversary of Coach To Cure MD on September 30, Congress returning to work after summer recess, our kids heading back to school and the need to reach out to teachers and administrators about Duchenne, September is the perfect month to take action to raise awareness and crucial funds to support our fight to end Duchenne.
This September let’s all do something…
To help raise awareness.
To join the fight.
To end Duchenne.