Guided by Rachel Callander’s ALLYship program, PPMD Lighthouse Workshops discuss a range of topics centering around our story and the language we use to form those narratives. The program offers individuals and families an opportunity to come together in a safe space to build stronger connections and deeper insights about life and identity that go beyond diagnosis and management.
What a PPMD Lighthouse Workshop entails:
- There are typically four groups to choose from, limited to 20 individuals in each group.
- Groups will meet virtually every other week for a total of eight sessions each.
- Each group will be facilitated by Rachel Callander, who will guide participants in a focused discussion on various topics related to wellbeing, sense of self, and personal reflection, among others.
We ask that all participants:
- Attend each session with an open heart and open mind, be present, and actively contribute.
- Keep all workshop discussions and experiences respectful and within the group, as we’ll work together to maintain a safe and inclusive space.
Please note, this workshop is not intended to replace medical advice from a qualified medical professional. If you feel you require medical assistance or are in crisis, please reach out to your physician or local emergency services or crisis line. Lighthouse personnel are facilitators who are not trained or licensed to provide mental health services. Our goal is to foster through Lighthouse, open communication, support, and coping skills.