For Adults / Young Adults
PPMD’s Adult Advisory Committee (PAAC) amplifies the teen and adult voices of Duchenne, Becker, and carriers as an extension of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD). The PAAC takes a holistic approach to advocacy by addressing care, community, and quality of life. We work together to elevate the lives of individuals living with Duchenne and Becker through mentorship, outreach, and education.
PAAC Officer Board
- President: Colin Werth
- Vice President: Adith Thummalapalli
- Secretary: DJ Kimble
- Historian: Jake Wesley
- Officer at Large: Mallory Dupree
What We Do
- Hold monthly meetings to discuss concerns, interests, and strategic initiatives impacting the Duchenne community.
- Maintain the PAAC CHATS APP, your hub for Duchenne/Becker information.
- Communicate with members of Congress and their staffers about disability legislation.
- Plan and implement Teen and Adult sessions at PPMD’s Annual Conference.
- Hold bi-weekly virtual socials on Zoom and Game Nights on Discord (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for access).
Interested in joining the PAAC or learning more?
- The PAAC is an open and inclusive group. We accept new members in December of each calendar year. To learn more about becoming a member, contact Patrick Moeschen, Director: email@example.com.
- The PAAC also welcomes those interested in lending their expertise, skills, or other resources to this group. To find out more or start a conversation about getting involved, contact Patrick Moeschen, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with Us on Social
- Join us on the PAAC’s Facebook Group, a safe and inclusive place for those with Duchenne and Becker to discuss topics, issues, and concerns related to the muscular dystrophy experience as well as a place to connect with other individuals.
- Join our PAAC chats app, a place ONLY for 16+ living with Duchenne/Becker or carriers/manifesting carriers.
- We also have a Discord server and Instagram.
PPMD also hosts virtual Tween Socials several times a year. Geared toward individuals with Duchenne/Becker as well as carriers ages 9-15 these socials are a time to play some trivia, games, make connections, and have fun! The socials are hosted by Patrick Moeschen, an adult with muscular dystrophy, and members of the PAAC.
If you have questions or would like to register for our next Tween Social, please email email@example.com.