As we reflect on yesterday’s Coach To Cure MD success at colleges and high schools across the country, I am once again taking a moment to revel in what we do as a community.
Last year, PPMD introduced the idea of Duchenne Action Month as a way to combine all of the amazing activities that were already taking place in our community and create a focused month where we could all take action.
Everything you did from sharing your #MakeEveryDayCount moments on social media, to Coach To Cure MD tailgate parties, to running races as part of our Race to End Duchenne team, to creating your own fundraising pages in honor of a loved one, has made a huge impact on our fight to end Duchenne.
While September may be coming to an end, there are still plenty of ways to join the fight all year long!
- Our Race to End Duchenne program has something for everyone — from the shortest race you may ever plan in the Race to End Duchenne .1K to endurance races across the country (and around the globe!)
- PPMD’s DIY series offers unlimited ways to fund the fight to end Duchenne — from setting up and sharing a donation page to hosting a social event, we have tools and ideas for you!
- Donate your birthday on Facebook to PPMD and encourage your friends and family to do the same.
- Maybe you missed the deadline for a proclamation from your town or lighting up a building in your city for World Duchenne Awareness Day? Reach out now and get September 7, 2019 on their calendar!
- Help fund the fight to end Duchenne this holiday season by donating to PPMD’s year-end project (which we will announce in early December).
There are always opportunities to educate your neighbors, co-workers, or classmates. There are always opportunities to advocate in Washington. There are always opportunities to join the fight.
Talk to your family, look at your calendar, and let the PPMD team know how you would like to get involved now. And as you take action throughout the year, share your victories with me and the entire PPMD community on social media by using the hashtag #EndDuchenne and taking photos using PPMD’s Facebook Frame.
Thank you again for creating such an incredibly impactful September!