Family Friday: Reflecting on Adjusting to a New Diagnosis
For many of us, self-quarantine is in full swing, and adjusting to a different family structure may be overwhelming. So your PPMD family is launching Family Fridays to discuss topics that impact the entire family and solutions that we hope will help you make the most out of your time together while maintaining your sanity – including some ways that our whole Duchenne family can find some fun ways to stay as active as possible while also making sure that the fight to end Duchenne remains strong.
Watch the Recording
During our June 5, 2020 Family Friday on Facebook Live, we welcomed families who have recently received a Duchenne diagnosis. We were joined by several parents reflecting on how they adjusted to life after their child’s diagnosis. We also shared details about PPMD’s Newly Diagnosed Track, as part of our Virtual Annual Conference.
RESOURCES FOR NEWLY DIAGNOSED FAMILIES:
- NEW! New Diagnosis & Early Care Guide: parentprojectmd.org/NewDiagnosisGuide
- Register for PPMD’s Virtual Newly Diagnosed Program: Join.parentprojectmd.org/NewlyDiagnosedProgram
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES MENTIONED:
- Race To End Duchenne: racetoendduchenne.org
- PPMD’s Connect Program: parentprojectmd.org/connect
- Advocacy: parentprojectmd.org/advocacy
- The Duchenne Registry: duchenneregistry.org
- Duchenne Drug Development Pipeline: parentprojectmd.org/pipeline
JOIN OUR NEXT FAMILY FRIDAY!
Join PPMD for our next Family Friday on Friday, June 12 at 12 PM ET on Facebook Live where we’ll discuss advocating for yourself in research!