PPMD’s 2021 Virtual Annual Conference Agenda –
PPMD is excited to unveil our full agenda for the 2021 Virtual Annual Conference, June 23-26!
Although we cannot be together in-person this summer, that’s not stopping PPMD from bringing you another extraordinary online conference experience that will both inform and connect our community, packed full of:
- Engaging live panels
- Breakout sessions
- One-on-one interviews with experts
- On-demand pre-recorded presentations
- A virtual poster session and resource fair
- Specialty appointments with physical therapists, occupational therapists, and genetic counselors
- Interactive tracks for kids, siblings, and teens & adults
- And of course — fun, laughs, and time together!
Each registered family will also receive a “Conference in a Box” companion piece (US & Canadian residents only. Must register by June 9 — while supplies last). Make sure you register today to access all that PPMD’s Virtual Conference has to offer!Register Now > View the Agenda >
Research in the Pipeline
Our In the Pipeline series takes a close up look at the latest clinical trials in Duchenne, as well as a sneak peek at what’s to come. We will host live interactive panels with our partners in therapy development to better understand the technologies they are exploring and get updates on clinical trials in progress.
These Research Panel discussions are organized by therapeutic focus:
- Gene therapy
- Dystrophin restoration
- Protecting the muscle
- Reducing inflammation
- Improving the heart
- Improving mitochondria
- Gene editing
- Pre-clinical gene therapy
- Next-gen exon skipping
Panelists will also record presentations for our On-Demand Library that you will be able to review a week prior to the official start of the Virtual Conference. These pre-recorded presentations will provide you with background information so that you have base knowledge ahead of our live sessions. Make sure you register early to receive access!
Care for Duchenne
Care is at the heart of everything PPMD does. Our 2021 Virtual Conference will once again feature a number of panels with experts in the field to discuss a range of topics important to our community:
- The Ins and Outs of GI Health and Nutrition
- Taking a Deep Breath: A Patient’s Take on Pulmonary Management
- Facilitating Independence
This year we are also excited to include interactive Care Breakout Sessions to give participants time to ask questions and dive into age-appropriate care discussions for:
- Early Childhood/Childhood (ages 0-8)
- Tweens (ages 9-13)
- Teens (ages 14-17)
- Adults (ages 18+)
Breakouts & Socials
A key component to PPMD’s Annual Conference has always been the ability to connect with other families on this Duchenne journey, as well as experts who can help you navigate daily life. Just because we are virtual this year, doesn’t mean we can’t still find these important connections! That’s why PPMD will be offering even more breakout sessions, interactive tracks, and social gatherings this year.
Lunch and Learn Breakout Sessions
- Financial Planning with Leona Filis: Learn about navigating benefits and finances to plan for your/your child’s future living with Duchenne.
- Siblings Information Panel for Parents: A panel of Duchenne siblings discuss what they’ve learned along the way, and share lessons learned with parents.
- Duchenne Family Assistance Program: The team at DFAP will explore how families can tap into resources provided by the program.
- Casimir: An educational discussion about how and why video assessments may help the Duchenne community.
- Genetics and Registry: Schedule private sessions with one of The Duchenne Registry’s genetic counselors.
- School and Behavior: For those with children going into 5th grade and younger, schedule one-on-one meetings with an OT and school specialist.
- Physical Therapy: PT experts will meet with small groups virtually to learn essential stretches and exercises you can do at home.
Expanded Tracks for Kids, Sibs, and Teens & Adults
- We’ve added an exciting Kids Track with wacky science and other cool activities across two days of the conference.
- Our brand news Sibs Track will offer socials and panels just for siblings.
- With the help of PPMD’s Adult Advisory Committee (PAAC), we’ve planned another terrific Teen & Adult Track.
We’re bringing back our socials for parents, grandparents, teens and adults, and adding siblings and tweens to the mix!
* Sign up for breakout sessions and social gatherings will be coming soon and all conference registrants will be notified. Make sure you register for PPMD’s Virtual Conference today so you don’t miss the notification!
VIEW THE AGENDA
IMPORTANT: Please note all session times noted below are Eastern Time. You can view a different timezone by selecting from the drop down menu.View the PPMD 2021 Virtual Annual Conference schedule & directory.