PPMD’s End Duchenne Tour
In an effort to reach every single family facing a Duchenne diagnosis in the U.S., PPMD has launched a multi-year community experience called the End Duchenne Tour. Combining each of the pillars that make up PPMD’s mission, the End Duchenne Tour brings updates on research, advocacy, and care to cities across the country, featuring a roster of leading experts in the Duchenne space.
You have told us what topics are the most important to you and we have listened, using your feedback to inform our robust agenda at each tour stop. This is also an opportunity to connect with local families and, when possible, explore your area Certified Duchenne Care Center.
Tour stops are typically one-day long events, providing updates on the latest clinical trials and early-stage research, care standards, practical resources, and opportunities to become involved in PPMD’s programs and The Duchenne Registry.
Over the past few years, this program has continued to evolve to better meet the unique needs of the Duchenne community by tailoring each event to the corresponding tour stop location, in addition to creating inclusive tracks for adults living with Duchenne and Spanish-speaking families.
We will be kicking off this year’s Tour virtually with families in Hawaii and Alaska, and look forward to connecting with the Duchenne community in-person in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Idaho, and Indiana over the coming months. Although each tour stop is marketed to those in the broader region, we welcome anyone to register and attend regardless of where you live!
- Alaska and Hawaii (virtual) – Saturday, February 26
- Atlanta, GA – Sunday, May 1
- Pittsburgh, PA – Saturday, May 21
- Detroit, MI – Sunday, August 21
- Boise, ID – Saturday, October 22
- Indianapolis, IN – Saturday, November 12
* Make sure you are signed up to receive emails from PPMD to be notified when registration opens.
2021 Recaps & Resources:
- New Orleans, LA – Saturday, March 6, 2021 – Recap
- Louisville, KY – Saturday, April 17, 2021
- Jackson, WY – Saturday, May 15, 2021
- San Diego, CA – Fall 2021 (Bilingual Event)
- Washington, DC – Fall 2021 (Adult-Specific Care Track)
2020 Recaps & Resources:
- Houston, TX – Connect Session: January 18, 2020 – Recap
- Atlanta, GA: March 14, 2020 – Held Virtually – Recap
- Milwaukee, WI: April 25, 2020 – Held Virtually – Recap
- Long Island, NY: May 30, 2020 – Held Virtually – Recap
- Portland, OR: September 12, 2020 – Held Virtually – Recap
- St. Louis, MO: October 17, 2020 – Held Virtually – Recap
- Miami, FL – Connect Session: December 5, 2020 (Virtual) – Featuring bilingual participation for Spanish speaking families!
2019 Recaps & Resources:
- Las Vegas, Nevada – Recap
- Omaha, Nebraska – Recap
- Portland, Maine – Recap
- Wilmington, Delaware – Recap
- Memphis, Tennessee – Recap
- Spanish – Remote – Recordings