What can I expect at PPMD’s 2021 Virtual Annual Conference?
The 2021 PPMD Virtual Annual Conference will feature:
- Presentations and discussion panels featuring the latest research, clinical trials, approved therapies, care initiatives, quality of life issues, and more
- One-on-one private appointments with Behavioral Therapists, Physical Therapists, Genetic Counselors, and other specialists in the field
- A track for Newly Diagnosed families
- Breakout sessions according to age, covering multiple aspects of care
- Programming for Teen and Adult Track and Sibs Track registrants
- Fun and interactive Kids Track sessions
- Social opportunities for moms, dads, grandparents, caregivers, siblings, and tweens and teens with Duchenne
- Virtual Poster Session and Resource Fair
- Conference Hub with a robust on-demand resource library
View the snapshot below for a sense of when the days will begin and end. A detailed agenda will be provided in the coming weeks.
Wednesday, June 23
Thursday, June 24
Friday, June 25
Saturday, June 26
How will I know what presentations are about and when they are occurring?
As with our in-person Annual Conference, PPMD will provide a very clear and detailed agenda so that you can block out space in your schedule to attend the live sessions. In addition, PPMD will offer a Conference Hub of On-Demand pre-recorded videos you will be able to access whenever you like. These video presentations will offer background information on clinical trials and pre-clinical research, and other timely topics to get you up to speed before the live sessions begin. We would encourage everyone to watch these pre-recorded videos and submit any questions that come to mind. These questions will be addressed during the live presentation times.
What other resources will we receive?
PPMD will be mailing each registered family a “Conference in a Box” companion piece.* Inside, attendees will find educational resources and some goodies from PPMD and our industry partners.
*US & Canadian residents only. Must register by June 9 to receive your Conference in a Box — while supplies last.