Connecting with OH Families
Connect with Ohio Duchenne Families on Facebook through our Connect Program. You will need to request to be add to the group first.
Accessibility & Recreation
Seeking your suggestions!
- MDA Camp- https://www.mda.org/summer-camp/
- Recreation unlimited- Recreation Unlimited is the largest provider in the state of Ohio serving individuals with disabilities in sports, recreation, and education year-round. It is also a place where parents and families gain a respite from the 24/7 demands of caring for an individual with a disability or health concern. https://recreationunlimited.org/
- Akron Rotary Camp- offers day, overnight, weekend, and respite-based summer camps and year-round programming. https://www.gotcamp.org/akron-rotary-camp
- Adaptive Sports Ohio- At Adaptive Sports Ohio, we remove barriers to ensure that individuals with physical disabilities have a chance to play, and utilize sports to elevate ability and empower futures. https://adaptivesportsohio.org/
- Adaptive Sports Club of Columbus –(formerly Paralympic Sports Club of Columbus) offers Therapeutic Recreationthrough Adaptive Sports and other recreational opportunities. https://columbusrecparks.com/wellness/therapeutic-recreation/adaptivesportsclub/
- Disability Rights Ohio
50 W. Broad Street, Suite 1400
Columbus, OH 43215-2999
Department of Education
- Office for Exceptional Children
Ohio Department of Education
Michael Armstrong, Director
25 S. Front Street, 2nd Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Early Intervention Services (Infant and toddler)
- Ohio Early Intervention
Ohio Department of Health
Debra Wright, Chief
30 East Broad Street, 12th Floor
Columbus, OH 43215
Early Intervention Services (Ages 3 to 5)
- Ohio Department of Education
Office of Early Childhood Education
65 South Front Street, Room 309
Brunswick, OH 44212-9998
PTI (Parent Training and Information Centers)
- OCECD (PTI-Early Childhood)
Bank One Building
165 West Center St., Suite 302
Marion, OH 43302-3741
740-382-5452 Voice & TDD
Health & Well-Being
- Heathy Start and Healthy Families Medicaid programs
Healthy Start is Ohio’s Children’s Health Insurance Program covering eligible children under age 19 based on family income and health insurance status (Different income requirements if child is insured). Healthy Families covers eligible families with children under age 19 based on income and may require a co-pay.
Program contacts and link to application
- Medicaid for people with disabilities
This program provides health insurance to eligible people with disabilities (As defined by the Social Security Administration) who meet financial requirements and meet other requirements. Coverage may be available to workers with disabilities based on income and assets.
Social Security definition of disability
Ohio Medicaid information and link to application
- Disability Benefits 101
Provides tools and information on employment, health coverage, and benefits.
- Children with Medical Handicaps
The Children with Medical Handicaps Program (CMH) is a health care program in the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) for children ages 0-21. CMH links families of children with special health care needs to a network of quality providers and helps families obtain payment for the services their children need.
- Ohio Home Care Waiver
The Ohio Home Care Waiver allow individuals with disabilities and chronic conditions to receive care in their homes and communities rather than in long-term care facilities, hospitals, or intermediate care facilities. These waivers also allow individuals to have more control over their care and remain active in their community. Individuals must require Nursing Facility or Developmental Disability level of care and meet the financial criteria in order to enroll on an Ohio home and community-based care waiver. For this program, a developmental disability is a severe, chronic disability that is attributable to a mental or physical; impairment or combination of physical and mental impairments, other than an impairment caused solely by mental illness.
County Directory (including Job and Family Services)