Research Grant Opportunities
PPMD’s research program is to drive translation of basic science and understanding of the disease into meaningful therapies for all individuals with Duchenne.
PPMD is interested in how to effectively and safely expedite the clinical trial process toward treatments and cure.
PPMD’s Grant Application Process
PPMD seeks out opportunities to invest in and leverage additional funds to drive progress in identifying gaps in research and facilitating translational opportunities.
Applications to PPMD are reviewed by a combination of:
- Our Scientific Advisory Committee
- Ad hoc reviewers, when very specific expertise is needed
- TREAT-NMD’s Advisory Committee on Therapeutics (TACT) – PPMD has an informal agreement with TACT to review some projects
Applications to PPMD’s Research Grants program should focus on new ideas or studies that are highly relevant to Duchenne muscular dystrophy therapy development and might impact this generation of individuals with Duchenne.
PPMD funds meritorious studies in academic laboratories and for-profit companies done by professional, qualified investigators who hold a MD, PhD, or equivalent degree, and have access to institutional resources necessary to conduct the proposed research project. Awardees will successfully complete identified project-based milestones, submit records of appropriate institutional/federal regulatory requirements, and present timely publication of project results. Applications will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis and must fit PPMD’s research grants initiatives.
Current Grant Opportunities
While PPMD often seeks out specific research projects through RFAs, we also welcome ad hoc submissions to our PPMD Investigator Award opportunity, through our Webgrants portal, for any novel research that can help drive the field forward.Apply through Webgrants
REQUEST FOR APPLICATIONS: CASE REPORTS OF EARLY EXON SKIPPING THERAPY INITIATION
- Solicitation Name: Early Exon Skipping – Case Reports 2023
- Applications Due: 4/15/23
- Notification of Selection: Within 30 days of proposal submission
- Period of Award: 6 months
- Award amount: $2000
The purpose of this RFA is to solicit case reports demonstrating the benefit of early diagnosis and treatment of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Case reports should meet the following criteria:
- Discuss a child with Duchenne who initiated exon skipping therapy before age 3.
- Duration of exon skipping therapy of at least one year is required.
- Outcome measures such as Bayley or NSAA must be available.
For more information please contact PPMD’s Eric Camino at firstname.lastname@example.org.