There are simple things we know will help our children living with Duchenne. But with all of the big things that we try to remember to do every day (and often several times a day!), these simple things can get lost in the shuffle.
PPMD’s new “Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes” video was created in collaboration with physical therapists Leslie Vogel (Seattle Children’s Hospital) and Amber Sapp (physical therapist and mom of Garrett) to help families remember these simple physical therapy pearls of care, including:
- Sitting up straight with good support
- Keeping knees together and feet supported
- Moving hands and wrists often
- Keeping your tongue in your mouth
- Exercising jaw muscles
- Staying safe and remembering to rest when you need to