Join Run For Our Sons on October 21, 2017 at the Baltimore Running Festival and go the distance to end Duchenne!
**Please purchase your race entry directly from the event organizers at www.thebaltimoremarathon.com. By registering on the Run For Our Sons site you are joining our team to fundraise, but entries must be purchased on your own.**
There's something for everyone at this true festival of races!
The fair yet challenging Marathon course travels through the many diverse neighborhoods including the scenic Inner Harbor waterfront area, historic Federal Hill and charming Fells Point.
The half-marathon will start at the 13-mile mark of the marathon course, split after 2/10 mile and will rejoin the marathon route later in the race.
There is also a full marathon 4-person relay, with leg distances ranging from 5.9 to 7.1 miles, or you can run the 5K.
For the truly ambitious, there's the Balti-MORON-a-thon - the 5K and Half Marathon in the same day!
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017
Location: Inner Harbor, Baltimore
Time: 7:30 am (5K); 8:00 am (Full Marathon & Team Relay); 9:45 am (Half Marathon)
Visit the official Baltimore Running Festival website for more information.
Run For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization in the U.S. focused entirely on Duchenne.
Run For Our Sons Requirements
PPMD requires each Balti-MORON-a-thon participant to raise a minimum of $1,000, each marathon/half marathon runner to raise a minimum of $800, each Marathon Relay Team to raise $1,800 and each 5K runner to raise $350.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: October 13, 2017
By joining the RFOS team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the race
- Invitations for you and a guest to our private team gathering
- Official Run For Our Sons technical shirt and T-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy