New York City Triathlon 2012
OUR ENTRIES FOR THE 2012 NYC TRIATHLON ARE SOLD OUT. If you'd like to be added to the waiting list should an entry become available, please email email@example.com.
Join Tri For Our Sons as we race to end Duchenne in the 12th Annual New York City Triathlon!
The New York City Triathlon is an Olympic Distance race consisting of a 1500m swim, a 40k bike, and a 10k run.
year over 3,000 athletes brave the waters of the mighty Hudson River
before biking along Manhattan's West Side highway. Finally, athletes put
on their running shoes for a run through New York's famed Central Park.
For more information about the course, check out the fly-over, the course description, the RCN high-speed course tour and the RCN high-speed transition.
Start time: 5:50 a.m.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in this event.
Tri For Our Sons Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the New York City Triathlon.
- Invitations for you and a guest to our private pasta party.
- An official Tri For Our Sons technical shirt and t-shirt.
- Personal fundraising page and ongoing fundraising support.
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s mission to improve
the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals
affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy
Tri For Our Sons Requirements
- Registration Fee (which counts toward your fundraising minimum): $100
- Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) requires a fundraising committment of $2,100
to participate on this team. To help you reach this
goal, we provide fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other
fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race
basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help
those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: June 25, 2012
By joining the Tri For Our Sons team for this race, you are personally
pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not
been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure
your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks
after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you
will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have