PPMD's 2018 Advocacy Conference
March 4-6 • Washington, DC
Come and advocate for Duchenne directly with Members of
Congress. Our annual Advocacy Conference continues to yield results for the
Over the last 16 years Duchenne Advocacy has resulted in...
- A full and promising Duchenne drug development pipeline with over 40 companies developing drugs for Duchenne.
- Over $500 million in funding for Duchenne related programs at the National Institutes of Health, Center for Disease Control, and Department of Defense.
- A standard of care established for all those diagnosed with Duchenne, which has markedly improved the quality of life and extended lifespan.
We hope you can join us in DC. This year includes a meeting on Monday called the "Duchenne Patient-Focused
Compass" meeting, with invited members of the FDA, and other federal agencies to hear directly from Duchenne patients and caregivers.
(TO REGISTER SCROLL TO THE BOTTOM AND CLICK "SIGN ME UP")
- Sunday, March 4th 3pm-7:30pm - Advocate training (Mayflower Hotel)
- Monday, March 5th, 10am-4pm - “The Duchenne
Patient-Focused Compass” meeting (Mayflower Hotel)
- Tuesday, March 6th, 9am-5pm - Hill meetings - both House and Senate (Capitol Hill)
First Time Advocating?
Don't be intimidated. Before you meet with your members of Congress, PPMD will provide you with extensive training and support, so you go into your meetings feeling empowered and prepared.
Rooms are available at a discounted group rate of $239/night at the Mayflower Hotel, located at 1127 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington DC, 202-347-3000. Reservations can be made by calling the hotel directly or visiting the Mayflower website.
Please Contact Ryan Fisher at firstname.lastname@example.org.
There is no fee for this event. Dinner will be provided on Sunday evening for advocate training, breakfast and lunch will be provided on Monday for the Duchenne Patient Focused Compass meeting.