PPMD’s 2019 Annual Conference
JUNE 26 – JUNE 30, 2019
- General Sessions and Welcome Reception will begin Thursday, June 27.
- Newly Diagnosed Program Meet & Greet will be held the evening of Wednesday, June 26.
- Teens & Adults Track Social will be held the evening of Wednesday, June 26.
- See “General Schedule of Events” below for more information.
2019 marks PPMD’s 25th Annual Conference. No other Duchenne conference comes close to the experience of the PPMD Annual Conference. Families, physicians, researchers, caregivers, industry partners, and those living with Duchenne gather to discuss all topics Duchenne. They gather to connect, to share information, and to discuss and debate the latest opportunities in Duchenne research.
This conference is like no other. Here the key is community. All pieces of this incredible community come together to learn, to listen, and to look forward at driving change. Every single voice is important, and every moment is rich. Now is the time for us to come together as a community, and seize this moment.
The field is ripe with opportunity and at the PPMD Annual Conference partnerships are built, questions are asked and answered, and friendships are forged.
This year in Orlando, FL you will hear current and critical information on:
- Managing care at every age of Duchenne–what aspects of care you need to know now and in the future
- Understanding Duchenne mutations and disease course
- Duchenne clinical trials, both ongoing and upcoming, the advancements and the timelines
- Gene Therapy and where this research is heading
- Accessing therapies and the future of treatments
- Impacting research, trials, and treatment through advocacy and collaboration
- Encouraging independence and social integration
- Parent to parent real life information – managing your family
- Managing Behavior issues in Duchenne
- Living with Duchenne – those living with Duchenne spend time with and learn from our PPMD Adult Advisory Committee about everyday life
- When: Wednesday, June 26 – Sunday, June 30, 2019
- Note: General Sessions begin Thursday, June 27. See “General Schedule of Events” below for more information.
- Where: Orlando, FL at Renaissance Orlando Sea World
- PPMD has retained a discounted room rate for our Annual Conference. Hotel rooms in this block are on a first come, first serve basis. The DEADLINE to make your reservation is June 4, 2019. See “Room Reservations” section at bottom of page for more info
- Early Registration Deadline: April 24
- General Registration Deadline: May 24
- Late/Final Registration Deadline: June 25
General Schedule of Events
WEDNESDAY, JUNE 26
- 7 PM – 10 PM: Newly Diagnosed Program Meet & Greet
- 7 PM – 10 PM: Teens & Adults Track Social
THURSDAY, JUNE 27
- 9 AM – 12 PM: Newly Diagnosed Program Sessions
- 9 AM – 12 PM: Teens & Adults Track Sessions
- 1 PM – 6 PM: PPMD Annual Conference Sessions
- 6 PM – 9 PM: Welcome Reception
FRIDAY, JUNE 28
- 8 AM – 6 PM: PPMD Annual Conference Sessions
SATURDAY, JUNE 29
- 8 AM – 6 PM: PPMD Annual Conference Sessions
- 7:30 PM: Celebration Dinner & Party
SUNDAY, JUNE 30
- 8 AM – 12 PM: PPMD Annual Conference Sessions
Conference Registration Rates
Rates For Families
March 20 -
April 25 -
May 25 -
|General Conference - Per Person|
(Family Members, Patients, Family Foundations)
|Teens & Adults Track|
(individuals with Duchenne/Becker only; ages 14 and up)
|Kids Track and/or Sib Shop|
(all children ages 5-14)
|Scholarships for Newly Diagnosed Families||PPMD is offering a scholarship program to waive registration fees for families who have been diagnosed after January 2017.** Please click here to apply for this scholarship.|
**PPMD can offer Newly Diagnosed conference scholarships to approximately 30 families on a first come, first serve basis. This scholarship covers conference fees only and does not cover travel or hotel accommodations. Kids Track and the Teens/Adults Track are not included in this sponsorship.
Rates For Professionals
March 20 - April 24
April 25 - May 24
May 25 - June 25
|Industry Representatives - Sponsoring|
(Sponsoring Industry Representatives)
|Industry Representatives - Non-Sponsoring|
(Non-Sponsoring Industry Representatives)
|Academic Health Care Professionals|
(MD, PhD, PT, NP, etc - Not employed by Pharma Industry)
What does your Annual Conference Registration Cover?
Registration fees help to offset, but do not cover the full cost of the Annual Conference. PPMD recognizes, however, that bringing the conference and the wealth of information it provides is an invaluable part of our leadership in the Duchenne community.
Included with your registration fee is
- Access to all General information session
- Access to all Breakout sessions
- Specialized programing if applicable (newly diagnosed sessions, teen and adult track sessions)
- Conference materials and information, including a printed conference guide that compiles the latest information on all current Duchenne clinical trials
- Vendor Resource Fair and Scientific Poster sessions
- Lunch and a welcome reception on Thursday, June 27
- Breakfast and lunch on Friday, June 28
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner on Saturday, June 29
- Breakfast on Sunday, June 30
- Various coffee breaks on each meeting day and other hospitality events
- PPMD Town Hall. This first ever PPMD Town Hall will function as the conference summary and closing session. All presenters, attendees, clinicians, industry partners, children, teens, and adults living with Duchenne – really everyone present – will take part in this interactive discussion on what matters most to them in the world of Duchenne. Your voice drives innovation and advancement. Come be part of shaping the future of Duchenne at this interactive and powerful closing session.
Newly Diagnosed Program
This year, PPMD will again be offering a support program for newly diagnosed Duchenne families to attend the Annual Conference. Through generous donations and sponsorships, PPMD will waive registration fees for families who have been diagnosed after January 2017*.
If your child has been diagnosed with Duchenne after January 2017 and you have never attended a PPMD Annual Conference, this is your opportunity. Gain a better understanding of Duchenne care and research, and meet other families living with this diagnosis. Please apply for this scholarship to waive your conference registration fees.
*PPMD can offer conference scholarships to approximately 30 families on a first come, first serve basis. This scholarship covers conference fees only and does not cover travel or hotel accommodations. Kids Track and the Teens/Adults Track are not included in this sponsorship.
Teens & Adults Track
This programming is for participants with Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy, ages 14 and up only.
PPMD formally introduced specific programing for Teens and Adults living with Duchenne at the 2016 Annual Conference. Since then, the desire for more of this programing to include social events as well as closed-door care and life management sessions has helped to drive a robust Teens & Adults Track at the meeting.
At the 2019 PPMD Annual Conference we will be offering:
- A Teens & Adults Track social the evening of Wednesday, June 26
- Relevant general presentations on Thursday, June 27
- Special closed-door sessions on “Quarterbacking Your Care” and “Sex and Dating” on Friday, June 28 and Saturday, June 29
- Aides are welcome to attend the Conference free of charge
Kids Track & Sib Shop
This programming is for all children ages 5-14.
One of the most exciting and fast-growing programs at the Annual Conference is our Kids Track! This year, we will be expanding our Kids Track to give those attending more creative outlets to express themselves.
This year, the program will include:
- A two hour session Thursday, June 27
- A three hour session the morning of Friday, June 28, including lunch
- A two and a half hour session the afternoon of Saturday, June 29
During these sessions there will be entertainment, special group games, crafts and activities (broken into three age groups), and loads of interactive fun.
As a program of the Kids Track, PPMD will offer a Sib Shop for those children who are siblings to people with Duchenne. This breakout for the siblings has become a successful element of PPMD’s educational events and is a safe place for siblings to be together, talk, and really open up on topics that they face.
PPMD has retained a discounted room rate for our Annual Conference at Renaissance Orlando Sea World in Orlando, FL.
- Location: Renaissance Orlando Sea World, 6677 Sea Harbor Drive Orlando, FL 32821
- Deadline: Hotel rooms in this block are on a first come, first serve basis. The DEADLINE to make your reservation is June 4, 2019.
- Rate: The group rate is $189 per night, single or double occupancy.
- Book: Click here to book online or call 407-351-5555 or 1-800-266-9432. Make sure to reference PPMD Annual Meeting 2019.
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Interested in sponsoring the Annual Conference? Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please visit our Sponsor Programs page for more details.
Resource Fair Opportunities
We are pleased to announce the return of the PPMD Resource Fair at this year’s Annual Conference. We are working to help resource providers and the community connect about practical services, equipment, and more. 1-Day Admission for attendees is included in registration. If you would like information about how to exhibit please visit our Resource Providers page for more details.
Call for Poster Session Abstracts
PPMD is excited to one again include a Poster Session at this year’s Annual Conference. The Poster Session will take place Thursday, June 27, 2019 (6:15 PM – 8:45 PM) and, as in the past, promises to be an interactive, engaging, and social networking event designed to bring together researchers and the community face to face. If you are interested in submitting an abstract please visit our Poster Session Submission page for more details. Submissions are due May 17, 2019.