2018 PPMD Annual Conference
JUNE 28 – JUNE 30, 2018
The Phoenician | Scottsdale, AZ
NOTE: Newly Diagnosed Meet & Greet and Teen Adult Social take place Wednesday, June 27.
The 2018 PPMD Annual Conference marks the 24th time families, physicians, researchers, caregivers, industry partners, and those living with Duchenne have gathered to discuss all topics Duchenne.
This conference is like no other. Here, the key is community. All the pieces of this incredible community come together to learn, to listen, and to look forward at driving change. Every single voice is important, and every moment is rich. Now is the time for us to come together as a community and seize this moment.
The field is ripe with opportunity and at the PPMD Annual Conference partnerships are built, questions are asked and answered, and friendships are forged.Register as a
Family Member Apply for Newly Diagnosed Scholarship Register as a
|Guest Type||Early Registration|
March 22 – April 22
April 23 – May 23
May 24 – June 24
|General Per Person|
(Families, Patients, Family Foundations)
|Scholarships for Newly Diagnosed Families||PPMD is offering a scholarship program to waive registration fees for families who have been diagnosed after January 2016.** Please click here to apply for this scholarship.|
|Industry Representatives - Sponsoring |
(Sponsoring Industry Representatives)
|Industry Representatives - Non-Sponsoring|
(Non-Sponsoring Industry Representatives)
|Academic Health Care Professionals|
(MD, PhD, PT, NP, etc - Not employed by Pharma Industry)
**PPMD can offer Newly Diagnosed conference scholarships to approximately 30 families on a first come, first serve basis. This scholarship covers conference fees only and does not cover travel or hotel accommodations. Kids Track and the Race to End Duchenne .1K are not included in this sponsorship.
Registration fees help to offset, but do not cover the full cost of the Annual Conference. Included with your registration fee is:
- Access to all General and Breakout sessions
- Conference materials and information including a printed conference guide that compiles the latest information on all current Duchenne clinical trials
- Vendor Resource Fair and Scientific Poster sessions
- Lunch and a welcome reception on Thursday, June 28th
- Breakfast and lunch on Friday, June 29th
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, June 30th
- Various coffee breaks on each meeting day
PPMD has retained a discounted room rate for our Annual Conference at The Phoenician in Scottsdale, AZ. Hotel rooms in this block are on a first come, first serve basis. The DEADLINE to make your reservation is June 5, 2018.
- Location: The Phoenician, 6000 East Camelback Rd., Scottsdale, AZ 85251
- Deadline: June 5, 2018. However, hotel rooms in this block are on a first come, first serve basis, so we recommend booking early.
- Rate: The group rate is $180 per night. Each additional guest above double occupancy will be subject to a $50 per day charge. No charge for children under 17 accompanied by an adult. There will be a one-time porterage charge of $14.00 per person and a daily $5.00 plus tax housekeeping gratuity.
- Book: Click here to to make reservations under PPMD’s discount room block.
Each year, PPMD works hard to put together a comprehensive agenda featuring updates in research, care, and advocacy, as well as topics you have told us are a priority to you and your family. This year, we are excited to add a new interactive feature allowing conference attendees and those watching our free live stream, the ability to participate in polling questions throughout many of the general sessions.
Bring the family! PPMD is excited to offer a variety of educational and social activities for teens and adults living with Duchenne. And we welcome the return of our ever-growing Kids Track, featuring more great experiences while parents attend the regular conference sessions. Add in our Race to End Duchenne .1K and a Saturday Night Celebration, and you have an unforgettable experience that you will remember for a lifetime!Download the draft agenda
*Please note the agenda is a work in progress and with speakers & times subject to change.
Topics at a Glance
This year in Scottsdale, AZ, you will hear current and critical information on:
- Managing care at every age of Duchenne- what aspects of care you need to know now and in the future.
- Understanding Duchenne mutations and disease course.
- Duchenne clinical trials, both ongoing and upcoming, the advancements and the timelines.
- Accessing therapies and the future of treatments.
- Impacting research, trials, and treatment through advocacy and collaboration.
- Encouraging independence and social integration.
- Parent to parent real life information – managing your family.
- Living with Duchenne – those living with Duchenne spend time with and learn from our PPMD Adult Advisory Committee about everyday life.
On Friday, PPMD will once again host the Race to End Duchenne .1K™. Join us for this fun and zany race as parents, families, kids of all ages, scientists and researchers, industry sponsors, and ANYONE and EVERYONE take to the streets and together tackle .1K (about the length of a football field!). Your registration includes a race shirt, bib, swag bag, post-race refreshments, and all the fun of racing. You won’t want to miss this fun and exciting event!
Registration: $15 per adult (16 yrs +); $5 per child (5 yrs – 15 yrs); Kids under 5 are free.
One of our most exciting and fast-growing programs at the Annual Conference is our Kids Track! This year, we will be expanding our Kids Track to give those attending more creative outlets to express themselves.
This year, the program will include:
- An hour and a half meet up on Thursday, June 28th
- A three hour session and lunch the morning of Friday, June 29th
- A two hour session the morning of Saturday, June 30th
- A two hour session the afternoon of Saturday, June 30th.
During these sessions there will be entertainment, special group games, crafts and activities (broken into 3 age groups; minimum age is 5 or kindergarten), and loads of interactive fun.
Kids Track registration also includes a free t-shirt, lunch on Friday, and dinner Saturday night.
Registration: $55 per child. Minimum age is 5 or kindergarten.
This year, PPMD will again be offering a support program for newly diagnosed Duchenne families to attend the Annual Conference. Through generous donations and sponsorships, PPMD will waive registration fees for families who have been diagnosed after January 2016.**
If your child has been diagnosed with Duchenne/Becker after January 2016 and you have never attended a PPMD Annual Conference and would like to attend the conference to gain a better understanding of Duchenne care and research, and to meet other families living with this diagnosis, please click here to apply for this scholarship.
(**PPMD can offer conference scholarships to approximately 30 families on a first come, first serve basis. This scholarship covers conference fees only and does not cover travel or hotel accommodations. Kids Track and the Race to End Duchenne .1K are not included in this sponsorship.)
Corporate Sponsorship Opportunities
Interested in sponsoring the Annual Conference? Sponsorship opportunities are still available. Please visit our Sponsor Programs page for more details.
Resource Fair Opportunities
We are pleased to announce the return of the PPMD Resource Fair at this year’s Annual Conference. We are working to help resource providers and the community connect about practical services, equipment, and more. Admission for attendees is included in conference registration. If you would like information about how to exhibit please visit ParentProjectMD.org/ResourceProviders.
Call for Poster Session Abstracts
PPMD is excited to one again include a Poster Session at this year’s Annual Conference. The Poster Session will take place Thursday, June 28, 2018 (6:15 PM – 8:30 PM). If you are interested in submitting an abstract please visit ParentProjectMD.org/PosterSession. Submissions are due May 21, 2018.