PPMD’s Decode Duchenne Program:
Specimen Shipping Kit Request
How can I obtain a shipping kit?
Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the following:
- Recipient Name
- Recipient Address
- Number of kits needed and type
- Blood, Saliva or Dried Blood Spot
What is included in the kit?
- Blood specimen shipping kits contain a purple-top EDTA tube for collecting blood, packaging materials and box, and a prepaid return shipping label addressed to PerkinElmer Genetics.
- Saliva specimen shipping kits contain a check swab collection tube, packaging materials and box, and a prepaid return label addressed to PerkinElmer Genetics.
- Dried blood spot shipping kits contain a lancet device for the puncture site, paper collection card, and an envelope with a prepaid return label addressed to PerkinElmer Genetics.
What will I need that isn’t inside the kit?
Every sample sent to PerkinElmer Genetics must include a Decode Duchenne test requisition and informed consent, which is provided after the participant’s application is received. Contact us if you are in need of this form.
Decode Duchenne is administered by Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy and The Duchenne Registry. Decode Duchenne is sponsored by Sarepta Therapeutics and PTC Therapeutics. Click here to review PPMD’s policy on corporate support.