Join us for the 2018 Metro Health Grand Rapids Marathon Weekend, an action-packed two days with races for runners and walkers of every level! Choose from the Full Marathon, Half Marathon or Full Marathon Relay on Sunday, October 21, 2018, or the Run Thru The Rapids 10K and 5K on Saturday, October 20, 2018.
Run For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization in the U.S. focused entirely on Duchenne.
Run For Our Sons Requirements
In exchange for a race entry, PPMD requires each Marathon runner to raise a minimum of $1,000, each Half Marathon runner to raise a minimum of $800, each Full Marathon Relay team to raise a minimum of $2,000, each 10K runner to raise a minimum of $600 and each 5K runner to raise a minimum of $400. Your entry fee counts toward your fundraising minimum.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: October 12, 2018
By joining the RFOS team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the race
- Invitations for you and a guest to our private race weekend team gathering
- Official team technical shirt and T-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy