40 Miles. 5 Boros. 1 Day. 0 Cars.
The TD Five Boro Bike Tour Presented by REI offers 32,000 cyclists the opportunity to bike through all five boroughs–Manhattan, The Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn, and Staten Island–on streets totally free of traffic. The event is co-produced by Bike New York and the New York City Department of Transportation.
Date: Sunday, May 7, 2017
Time: 7:30 am
Location: New York City
Bike For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization focused entirely on Duchenne.
Bike For Our Sons Requirements
In exchange for a bike tour entry, PPMD requires each participant to raise a minimum of $750. Your $100 entry fee counts toward that minimum.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: April 28, 2017
Bike For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the bike ride
- Race day breakfast, lunch and a start-area pass
- Official Bike For Our Sons team shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy
By joining our team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.