Are you ready for The Cleveland Experience in the Rock & Roll capital of America? The 40th annual Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon on May 21, 2017 features one of the flattest and fastest courses in the country, offering full marathon, half marathon, 10K and 5K events. Whether you're looking to qualify for Boston, or walk a 10K with your friends - you'll enjoy a scenic "tour" of Cleveland and all the amenities of a world-class event.
Run For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization focused entirely on Duchenne.
Run For Our Sons Requirements
In exchange for a race entry, PPMD requires each runner to raise their required fundraising minimum:
Full Marathon: $750
Half Marathon: $750
Once you have registered on our website, we will send you an invitation to the join the Run For Our Sons team and register for the race on the Cleveland Marathon website.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: May 12, 2017
By joining the RFOS team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the race
- Invitations for you and a guest to our private team gathering
- Official Run For Our Sons technical shirt and T-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy