Kick off your spring racing season with the 2017 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K on Sunday, April 2nd! The 38th annual race is one of Chicago’s best running celebrations, with a one-of-a-kind course that weaves its way through Chicago’s Loop, starting and finishing in Grant Park.
Location: Grant Park, Chicago IL
Time: 8:30 am
What Shufflers Get
- A one-of-a-kind 8K (4.97 miles) tour through downtown Chicago
- 2017 Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K Nike race shirt
- A drink ticket for one (1) Michelob ULTRA* at the Post-Race Party
- An official finisher’s medal
- Event bib number and timing device
- One (1) Michelob ULTRA* at The Scout Waterhouse & Kitchen after party
Visit the official Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K website for more details.
Run For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization in the U.S. focused entirely on Duchenne.
Run For Our Sons Requirements
In exchange for a race entry, PPMD requires each Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle team member to raise a minimum of $500. Your entry fee counts toward your fundraising minimum.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: March 24, 2017
By joining the RFOS team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the race
- Invitations for you and a guest to our team gathering
- Official Run For Our Sons technical shirt and T-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy