Don't miss the 40th anniversary of the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on Sunday, October 8, 2017!
Run For Our Sons has a limited number of guaranteed entries available from now until January 18, 2017, so joni our team early to secure your spot in the race.
The Bank of America Chicago Marathon is the pinnacle of achievement for elite athletes and everyday runners alike. This race is known for its fast and flat course through one of the world's most magnificent cities. Runners target the race for its potential to generate personal, national and world records. In addition to its speed, the course offers a scenic tour of Chicago and its lively neighborhoods, as well as a convenient start and finish in beautiful Grant Park. You are guaranteed to see all that is great about the city of Chicago!
Date: Sunday, October 8, 2017
Location: Grant Park, Chicago IL
Wheelchair start: 7:20 a.m.
Marathon start: 7:30 a.m.
You must be 16 years old by race day to participate.
Visit the official Bank of America Chicago Marathon website.
Run For Our Sons is a program of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD), the largest non-profit organization in the U.S. focused entirely on Duchenne.
Run For Our Sons Requirements
In exchange for a race entry, PPMD requires each marathon runner who registers by November 29th to raise a minimum of $1,000, and every runner who registers between November 30th and January 18th to raise a minimum of $1,500. Your entry fee counts toward your fundraising minimum.
To help you reach your fundraising goal, PPMD provides fundraising tips, a personalized webpage and other fundraising tools. Our fundraising minimums are determined on a race-by-race basis in order to recover costs and maximize the funding going directly to help those living with Duchenne.
Fundraising minimum due date: September 29, 2017.
By joining the RFOS team for this race, you are personally pledging to raise the required fundraising minimum. If your minimum has not been met by the date specified above, PPMD staff will contact you to secure your position on the team with a credit card. You will then have four weeks after the date of the race to continue to collect donations, after which time you will be asked to make up the difference between the minimum and what you have raised.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the race
- Invitations for you and a guest to our private team gathering
- Official Run For Our Sons technical shirt and T-shirt
- Personal fundraising web page & fundraising support
- Social media outlets to connect with other runners
- Dedicated staff person to answer all of your fundraising and race day questions
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent team email updates
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s work to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy