About Run for Our Sons
In 2005 Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD) hatched a plan to recruit 20 runners for the Walt Disney World® Marathon. They wound up with a remarkable 86-member team, which raised $186,000 for Duchenne muscular dystrophy research.
Since then, Run For Our Sons has blossomed into an extraordinary community fundraising program, drawing thousands of individuals and families and raising over $6 million.
And along the way, they have a great time doing it.
Run For Our Sons Team Benefits
- Guaranteed entry into the participating Marathons
- Official Run For Our Sons technical shirt
- Run For Our Sons t-shirt
- Fundraising support
- Personal fundraising web page
- Team message board for training support
- Training resources such as virtual training links and publications
- Frequent Team email updates
- Private Welcome and Pasta Dinner for participants and a guest
- Knowledge that you are helping to support PPMD’s mission to improve the treatment, quality of life and long-term outlook for all individuals affected by Duchenne muscular dystrophy