FACES is an acronym that stands for Families Advocating, Connecting, Educating, and Supporting. Duchenne FACES is the official parent led outreach initiative of Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy (PPMD).
FACES outreach locations offers families affected by Duchenne and Becker a regional PPMD point of contact, as well as, serve as a volunteer extension of the PPMD central office.
- Family Mentoring: To help local and regional families better understand the diagnosis of Duchenne or Becker muscular dystrophy.
- Grassroots Outreach: To support national awareness and advocacy campaigns.
- Fundraising: To support PPMD research, advocacy, care, and education programs.
FACES launched with it's first location in New Jersey at the end of 2008. Since then, we've expanded to more states and are gearing up to add additional groups. A Volunteer Coordinator(s) is chosen to head up each FACES location, and groups are required to hold meetings every other month.
Up and Running FACES Groups
To be connect to a coordinator directly via email please contact Nicole Herring at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-714-5437.
- New Jersey
- Coordinators: Jen Garofalo and Suzanne Gaglianone
- South Texas
- Coordinators: Rachel Poysky and Erin Bullers
- Coordinators: Angela Knight and Debbie Bowman
- North Texas
- Coordinators: Stefanie Killian and Debbie Dupree
- Pacific North West
- Coordinators: Janelle Hester, Katherine Reynoldson, Paula Zenobio,
- Canada Coordinator: Vee Lail
- Coordinators: DeAnne Friar, Janell Lundy, Sue Sweet
- Northern California
- Coordinators: Danielle Bath, Leeandra Archdeacon, Julie Garcia
- Western New York
- Coordinators: Christine Piacentino and Susan Parzymieso
- Coordinator: Tammy Henegar
- Southern California
- Coordinator: Kelly May and Polly Sundeen
- Coordinator: Chris and Tammy Cate; Amber Sapp
- Coordinator: Mandy Lowe, Colleen Labbadia, Lianette Gonzalez
- Coordinator: Betty Vertin and Susan Samuelson
- Coordinators: Beth Bumgarner and Jessica Groseclose
- Northern Florida
- Coordinator: Colleen Labbadia
- North Carolina
- Coordinator: Allison Greiner, Lisa Littleton and Gina Gillespie-Woodard
- Coordinator: Debbie Eggleston and Jessica Keim
- DMV - DC, Maryland, Northern VA
- Western Pennsylvania
- Coordinator: Terri Ellsworth
- Contact Nicole Herring, the liaison between all FACES locations and the PPMD office, at Nicole@parentprojectmd.org or 800-714-5437.