Annual Connect Conference
The largest, most comprehensive annual, international conference focused entirely on Duchenne.
2012 Connect Conference
When: June 28 - July 1, 2012
Where: Ft. Lauderdale, FL at the Harbor Beach Marriott
Early Bird Registration Deadline: May 21, 2012 - Extended until May 29!
Final Registration Deadline: June 4, 2012
We will be live streaming sessions on:
Thursday, June 28: 1:15 PM - 6 PM eastern
Friday, June 29: 8 AM - 6 PM eastern
Saturday, June 30: 8 AM - 6:30 PM eastern
What you can expect
This year PPMD will be hosting a three part series on Clinical Trials. We will hear panel presentations from parents whose children are or were participating in trials, from clinicians who run the trials and from industry leaders themselves who develop the trials. These interactive panels will give us a glimpse into the future of Duchenne trials and hopefully enlighten us all.
Download the detailed 2012 Connect Conference Agenda.*
(*subject to change)
- Thursday, June 28
- Noon: Presentations will quickly dive into advanced topics such as optimal care, clinical trials, etc.
- Evening: There will be a Welcome Reception for all attendees and presenters giving everyone a chance to connect.
- Friday, June 29:
- All Day: Conference presentations will begin at 8 a.m. with our keynote address by Rick Gadotti. Sessions on research strategies, clinical trials, elements of care, and other topics will last through 6:30 p.m.
- Saturday, June 30:
- All Day: We will again begin at 8 a.m and continue to hear in detail about current research and clinical trials. In breakout sessions, we will have the opportunity to discuss other topics such as behavior issues, emotional support, adaptive technology, and more. The day will end with a newly formatted expert panel discussion that you won’t want to miss.
- Evening: Please join us for dinner. This year we have some special guests keeping the evening lively and entertaining.
- Sunday, July 1
- Morning: Start the day around 8:30 a.m. with a series of breakout sessions on physical therapy. These hands-on sessions will answer your stretching questions and give you that one-on-one time with experts.
- Noon: The day will end around noon and we will once again say good bye to good friends, both old and new.
Conference Registration & Fees
- Conference Registration Fee:
- Before May 21: $300/person
- After May 21: $325/person
Registration fee includes: Welcome Reception Thursday evening; breakfast on Friday and Saturday; lunch on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday; dinner Saturday evening; and all conference materials.
- Kid’s Track (Friday, June 29 from 9:30 am – 1:00 pm)
- Before May 21: $45/child
- After May 21: $65/child
Kids Track will be on Friday, June 29 from 9:30 a.m. 1:00 p.m. This is a great time for all of the kids to gather, play games, do crafts, interact with each other, and form friendships. Kids Track will be divided into three groups this year: Ages 5-8, 9-12, and 13 & up. Qualified adult supervision is provided, as is lunch.
The Conference Registration Deadline is June 4, 2012.
**If you'd rather register via mail or fax, please download the offline registration form.
To reserve a
room at the Harbor Beach Marriott in Fort Lauderdale at the Parent Project
Muscular Dystrophy Group rate, please make your reservation by June 4. Room Rate is $179 a night. Be sure to mention "Parent Project Muscular Dystrophy" or "muscular dystrophy" room rate to get the reduced rate.
- Corporate Sponsorship
- CME Credits
Unfortunately PPMD will not be able to offer CME credits for the 2012 Connect Conference. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
Q: Can we bring our children to PPMD’s Annual Conference?
A: Yes, you are welcome to bring your children to PPMD’s Annual Connect Conference. However, please remember and keep in mind that the conference presentations are serious topics and quite sensitive and session days are long. For this reason, please make sure to bring someone with you or make arrangements to have someone watch your children while you attend the conference sessions. Also, PPMD will be offering a Kids Track on Friday, June 29. (View the "Kids Track" section of this page to learn more)
Q: Does PPMD provide childcare
A: No. PPMD does not offer childcare at this meeting. However PPMD is able to provide you with a list of children’s activities and attractions in the area.
Q: When does registration close?
A: Conference Registration closes on June 4, but other deadlines are sooner. To receive the hotel discount you must book your room prior to June 4. And to receive the Early Bird Registration discount you must register for the conference prior to May 21.
Q: Does PPMD ever waive registration fees?
A: Unfortunately, PPMD is not in the position to be able to waive any registration fees. As mentioned above, the registration fees only cover approximately 65% of what PPMD pays for each person for the conference. We suggest that you look into local community groups such as the Lion's Club or Rotary Club for financial assistance. Also sometimes, church groups or other service groups will help provide assistance.
Past Conference Presentations
Our family-centered approach is at the heart of everything we do. Learn more.